Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Author Photo's Part 2

So last night Stina Lindenblatt gave me a CD of the shots of moi she took for my author photos. The pictures themselves are fabulous, I'm really impressed with the effects and how she manipulated the lighting etc. Stina really is a talented photographer.

My first impression of most of the shots of course was from my own self concious state of being. I have a scene in my head from Freaky Friday with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis, when they switch bodies and Lindsay is in Jamie's older body and she looks in the mirror and screams. "AAAHHH! I look like the Crypt Keeper."

That was kind of my reaction. Ah. Vanity. It is a killer.

Stina has her own favorites--the ones I'm smiling in, and I think it's funny how we have an impression in our own heads of what we think we look like versus how others see us.

I wanted a more serious, introspective picture, which is how I think I look best. I don't like my smile for my own neurotic reasons. But when I showed my husband and son, they picked the smiling pics too.

I had lots of shots to pick from, but here are my top three. They are Stina Lindenblatt copyrighted and she hasn't cleaned them up or done whatever it is photographers do to the final prints...





1 comment:

  1. I love them all! Stina is awesomesauce with legs. And a camera.

    I'm waffling between 1 & 2 as my fav-fav, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.

    Woot! Nice job Stina and Janet!

    ReplyDelete