Thursday, October 21, 2010

FOLLOW ME FRIDAY

So this is a new blog. And it feels kind of lonely in here. Kind of like, Tess, the main character in Weight of Bones feels. Tess is sometimes a little lonely too though not as open to admitting it...

EVIDENCE--> the first line of Weight of Bones. Well, sort of the first line. (You'll see what 'sort of' means in Spring '11 when Weight of Bones hits the shelves.)

"No matter how much I don’t want to care, it’s not easy being stranded all alone in the middle of a crowded room, like the ugliest dog at the animal shelter."

Not that there's anything wrong with ugly dogs. Poor little Fluffy, I wonder if that's his name? I actually love dogs. Even this one. Except Pit Bulls. No offense to anyone who owns one, but they kind of freak me out.

Anyhow. I digress.

Follow me Friday's will commence NOW and run for the next month or two. Every Friday people who follow my blog and leave a comment will be entered to win a $25 Starbucks Card. So follow me. Leave a comment. Anytime until 12:01 am and your name will go in the draw.

And...I did think this through a little. I thought about giving away books, but I love them too much to share (ha just kidding) And how can I choose a book store certificate when there are so many good stores to choose from? And, there is a tie in to books with a coffee gift card giveaway. Work with me...Writer's like to write in coffee shops, right? And readers like to read in them? Plus, in Canada, Starbucks are connected to Chapter's Indigo, the biggest book chain in our fair country. So there you go.



Anyhow, I'll announce the winner of the Gift Card on SISTERS SATURDAY- when I'll be interviewing YA authors about their relationships with their sisters and/or their book about sisters!!

First up is the lovely "girl in the jean jacket", Denise Jaden, author of LOSING FAITH. My interview with her will appear on Saturday October 23, or what I like to call... Tomorrow! On October 30, a hilarious post about sisters from Courtney Summers, author of CRACKED UP TO BE, SOME GIRLS ARE and the upcoming FALL FOR ANYTHING. Ohhh. You're going to love it!!

Thanks for stopping by. And now a word from a cute dog. (mine ha ha)


"Follow, Janet. She rocks. She takes me for walks and picks up my poop."

PS *No ugly dogs have had their feelings hurt in the posting of this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Cool. Your dog is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Janet! And even ugly dogs need love. Especially that one. :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww, I'm not so sure about THAT ugly dog needing love, but I can't wait to see the interviews! :D

    ReplyDelete