Friday, October 15, 2010

Rather Painless Author Photos

Getting my picture taken has always been painful thing for me. Perhaps I'm afraid the camera will suck out my soul? Isn't there some religion that believes that? I'd google it, but I'm too lazy, er pressed for time.

Seriously though posing for photo's is right up there with, say root canals and pap smears. And if you have not experienced either, just trust me on this one.

Anyhow, I have a wonderful group of local writers I get together with for lunch regularly. (most of us also belong to SCWBI.) Included in the group is Stina Lindeblatt who not only writes YA, but is also a wonderful photographer. She has a great blog that gives outstanding tips on both writing and photography. You. Must. Check. It. Out.
(note from dorky dork Janet- trying to figure out how to add link to www.stinalindenblatt.com)


Well I begged, I mean asked Stina if she would do my photo's and she was suckered in by my begging. Er, she agreed. Lucky me! Stina scouted a location for us with her photographer brain turned on, and this week we met up to snap the shots! She was a total professional who made the potentially excruciating and uncomfortable experience very easy and relaxing. Seriously. Even for me! She gave me pictures to copy for poses and kept me entertained with conversation while she did her thing.

I haven't seen the pics yet, but as Stina knew all about lighting and positioning and other things about taking good pictures that I am curious but clueless about, I'm sure I will be more than happy! Even better it wasn't a horrible experience.

Now, if only I could shave off 15 years and 15 pounds. But nah. I yam what I yam. Like a woman who jogged by us yelled out, "Work it. Work it!"

I'll post some photos when Stina is done her magic!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the shots. Stina is an incredible photographer. I an so going to rope her into doing my headshot...someday!

    ReplyDelete