Friday, October 7, 2011

Digging Sourcebooks for the GREAT COVER!

So it's October.

I know, I catch on quick, right? I love this month. Well. I love this month when the snow doesn't come early and bug me. There's plenty of time for that. I am anti-snow right now. And so far, so good.

October is the month I was born. And while I've never really been all about my birthday, I do love an excuse for cake. So yeah, that's good. Then there's HALLOWEEN and my son is a huge fan. We have a party every year, and yes I admit I go a little overboard sometimes (*always*).

This year October was also special because of the release of IF I TELL.

I'm seeing lots of reviews on IF I TELL because it's been on Netgalley and hopefully people start picking it up in stores or purchase it for their ebooks.  (subtle begging or blatant? You decide)

Anyhow, the one thing that I'm not really seeing discussed on blogs or in reviews, something that I thought might come up is how absolutely wonderful and COOL Sourcebooks was about the cover.
As in the authenticity of the model.
If you follow book news and YA news, you'll remember past controversy when publishing houses "whitened" up cover models.  So I was really thrilled when I saw the first comp for IF I TELL and it was really clear that the model is biracial. She actually resembles the Jaz I had in my mind when I wrote the book.  Awesome hair, naturally thin and BIRACIAL skin tones!!

Fabulous job I must say to the wise folks at Sourcebooks.  And they are a wise and wonderful bunch over there. I couldn't be happier to be a part of the Sourcebooks Fire Team!


Hello Jaz!

1 comment:

  1. One of the first things I noted about the cover was that the model actually looked biracial! And the aqua and green colors are delicious. I profiled it on my blog. Great work, Sourcebooks Fire!

    ReplyDelete